Done with being homesick..back to waffles!
Waffled French Toast is definitely the first waffled dish so far that, in my opinion, is better as a waffle (for reasons other than shape) 🙂 The waffle iron cooks the entire surface of the bread all at once on the outside and allows for a crunchy french toasty exterior and warm and slightly gooey interior!
The only minor detail to be aware of is that it might be necessary to rip the bread in half to get it to fit in the iron. However, it’s a pretty quick and painless procedure 😉
And with some chocolate hazelnut spread? Too good.
1/2 C milk
4-5 Slices of bread
1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
Toppings (jam, Peanut butter, other spreads!)
1) Beat the eggs with the milk and add cinnamon
2) Soak the bread on both sides for at least 10 minutes total so that it’s realllly saturated!
3) Waffle for 30 seconds or until outsides get crispy and golden brown!
4) Spread with desired toppings 😀
- Pancakes, Waffles, and French Toast! (adaynasmile.wordpress.com)
- Cinnamon French Toast (instructables.com)
- Kid Friendly Healthier French Toast sticks! (fabulouswithlu.wordpress.com)