Ahhh the chocolate chip cookie. A classic!
Someone very dear to me was having a rough day the other day, so what better way to cheer the fella up than with homemade chocolate chip cookies!
A: Homemade waffle chocolate chip cookies 😉
This was my first time in at least 10 years making cookies from scratch, so I was a bit nervous. But I think it all turned out alright! The only “issue” was that I had no chocolate chips – only a huge Hershey’s bar. Tragic!
Chocolate Chip Cookies:
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoons hot water
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 Hershey’s Chocolate Bar
1) Cream together the butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla.
2) Dissolve baking soda in hot water and add to mix so far.
3) Mix in remaining ingredients and stir until dough is formed.
**Note – if you try this recipe, do the first three steps. I was lazy and didn’t, but it probably makes it better..**
4) Place small spoonfuls onto waffle iron (do not flatten).
5) Close the lid and allow to cook for ~1 minute per cookie.
6) Remove from waffle iron, continue cookie remaining dough until all has been waffled.
7) Enjoy 🙂
- Not your Grandma’s cookies (noplacelikehomeblog.wordpress.com)
- Double Chocolate Chip Cookies (thechenkitchen.wordpress.com)
- Easy, Chewy, Chocolate Chip Cookies (without a mixer) (thechenkitchen.wordpress.com)