More often than not, I find myself waking up in the morning much later than I intend to. Actually, I usually wake up on time, but then spend 30 minutes kind of rolling about on the bed, wishing I didn’t have to get up so soon and convincing myself that I have 5 more minutes until I really need to get up.
Anyway, so I usually don’t have time to make breakfast in the morning. No big deal, except I always buy breakfasty ingredients (eggs, milk, omelette fixins, etc.) that go unused because I’m always “saving them for when I make breakfast”. (NEVER HAPPENS)
I remembered that my aunt made these cool egg muffins when I was younger – basically omelettes baked in muffin trays. I figured I’d try it out as a potential make-ahead breakfast idea! Here goes!
Baked Egg Breakfast Muffins:
Makes 10 breakfast muffins
1/4 c milk
omelette fixins (use whatever you’d like! I put in carrots, turkey, and a random oriental leafy green!)
seasonings (to taste – I added about 2 teaspoons of ground black pepper and a couple shakes of chili powder)
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a muffin tray with nonstick spray
2) Beat the eggs in a large bowl. Add milk and mix!
3) Add in the omelette fixins and seasonings. Mix well.
4) Divide the batter between 10 of the muffin slots in the muffin tray. Each slot should be filled 1/2-3/4 of the way.
5) Bake for 15-20 minutes.
6) Remove from oven and carefully remove the muffins from the tray. They will be pretty toasty, so let them cool a few minutes before eating!
They can also be stored for future quick breakfasts! Just pop a couple in the microwave in the morning for 20-30 seconds and they’ll be good to go!
Definitely an easy and fun way to do make-ahead breakfasts! Also very easy to change to suit any taste!